Calling all women entrepreneurs! The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge is a global challenge for women entrepreneurs powering UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Be a part of the first-ever global challenge that recognizes women social entrepreneurs who are leading the way in advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Inspire your community and showcase your sustainable business practices for a chance to win the prestigious US$20,000 grant. Join the league of extraordinary women leaders who are creating a better world for all by 2030 through their innovation and dedication to the SDGs. Take the leap and make your mark on the world with the WE Empower Challenge!”
RELEVANT SUSTAINABLE GOALS
WE (women entrepreneurs) Empower UN SDG Challenge 2023
This program aims to highlight the significant contribution of women social entrepreneurs and business leaders in addressing the world’s greatest challenges and achieving the SDGs. Join the program to elevate your work and showcase your potential for making a meaningful impact on the world. By recognizing the innovative work of the Awardees and offering them capacity-building training sessions, as well as access to an unparalleled global network, this opportunity helps advance their enterprises.
- In 2023, the WE Empower Challenge Awardees will participate in events surrounding the 78th UN General Assembly as well as connect with renowned business experts from around the world.
- Awardees will also participate in a dynamic pitch competition, hosted by fashion designer, activist and Vital Voices Board Member Diane von Furstenberg, to present their business for the opportunity to receive a $20,000 grant.
- You are a woman entrepreneur with lead decision making ability in a business or organization
- Your business/organization has been in operation for more than three years
- You employ at least three full time staff (or full time equivalent)
- Your business/organization generates at least $75,000 USD in annual sales or revenue
- You are proficient in spoken and written English
- You are at least 21 years old
- You are available to travel to New York, NY and participate in all events from Monday, September 18 through Saturday, September 24 2023 (COVID-19 travel restrictions permitting) and if necessary, I am able to participate in a virtual program from August through October 2023.
- Your business or organization has a substantial impact on the SDGs and a clear vision for how their business will create the future we want in 2030.
Application deadline: April 16, 2023