Are you a leader in an organisation involved in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals ?
Do you want to accelerate the impact of your Sustainability work ? Do you believe that human capacity development and flourishing can contribute to the achievement of the SDG s ? Join the first global leadership programme to accelerate your work wit the Sustainable Development Goals through inner development.
RELEVANT SUSTAINABLE GOALS
Global Leadership For Sustainable Development
The Global Leadership For Sustainable Development Programme seeks to inspire, develop, and connect 100 senior leaders from countries across different regions of the world. It is open for you if you are a decision-maker in Government, Civil Society and the Private Sector in India, Nepal, Indonesia, Costa Rica, Colombia, Albania, Georgia, Egypt, Ghana, Morocco, Rwanda, Zambia and :
- Are working on sustainability initiatives (policy and/or operational) in your country
- Are open to change yourself and cultivate qualities to lead with greater impact
- Have a mandate to drive sustainability and/or leadership development initiatives in your organisation
Purpose and Learning Objectives
The purpose of the programme is to:
- Develop a more holistic approach to the SDGs, incorporating inner dimensions such as human flourishing and character development
- Develop your capacity to implement key IDGs – initiatives to accelerate the work of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Develop a global and national network of change agents for sustainability who work with greater wisdom and impact
- Combining concrete collaboration on SDG related initiatives with inner development, the program is a unique opportunity to better understand and work with both inner and outer change.
At the end of the programme, you will have…
- …experimented and prototyped concrete initiatives with leaders from other countries
- …applied learnings to your field of work and shared insights with direct colleagues in your own country and organization
- … joined a senior, supportive and empowering community of change makers
- …clarity on how to contribute given your unique interests, skills and values
- …developed key qualities and leadership skills for greater impact
- …practiced habit change and cultivated a constructive and systemic outlook
DIGITAL KICK-OFF (November 8, 2022, 14:00-16:00 UTC)
Participants are introduced to the programmme and each other. Participants are expected to bring in concrete SDG related initiatives from their organisation.
PHYSICAL KICK-OFF (November 28-29, 2022, all-day in-person meeting)
1 to 3 representatives from each country will have the opportunity to meet in person in one of the 5 pilot countries (travel expenses covered by organisers).
MODULE 1: BEING (February 14, 2023, 14:00-16:30 UTC)
Exploring how values and inner qualities such as openness, integrity and presence define progress on SDGs.
MODULE 2: THINKING (March 7, 2023, 14:00-16:30 UTC)
Understanding how developing cognitive skills such as taking different perspectives and making sense of the world as an interconnected whole is essential for wise decision-making and making progress on the concrete initiatives in each group.
MODULE 3: RELATING (March 21, 2023, 14:00-16:30 UTC)
Exploring how relating to ourselves and the world around us shapes the sustainability initiatives that we are working on.
MODULE 4: COLLABORATING (April 4, 2023, 14:00-16:30 UTC)
Understanding how to deepen and enhance collaboration while prototyping the initiatives together during an Action Lab. Cross-organisational groups are formed.
MODULE 5: ACTING (April 25, 2023, 14:00-16:30 UTC)
Harvesting learnings and agree how to create “IDG-nodes” ie multi-stakeholder collaboration between organisations, ensuring sustainability of the initiatives and the IDG network on national and global level to continue and accelerate the work in each of the countries.
In addition to participating in the online modules, you will need to spend 30-45 minutes per day for self-paced home practice (daily mindfulness or micro-habit practices, walks in nature, reflection and engagement on the learning platform).
The selection of countries is influenced by the current biases of the IDG framework. The input and perspectives of the Participants will provide important input for a Reference Group of local researchers from the selected countries, that will contribute to the further development and adaptation of the IDG framework and methods.
September 21, 2022
This is a selection based process. Successful candidates will be notified via e-mail after the application deadline.
We hope you want to become a part of this journey.