RELEVANT SUSTAINABLE GOALS
Global Agrifood Techpreneur Programme
ABB Electrification Startup Challenge 2023
- Develop and promote economically viable solutions for the protection of the oceans and its marine and coastal ecosystems;
- Give the opportunity to applicants to have their solution reviewed by a Committee of experts of the Blue Economy (the “Expert Committee”);
- Train 10 finalists at the pitching technique in order to develop their presentation skills, and increase their chances to have their solution funded by investors;
- Reward the top three candidates during a Grand finale ;
- Reward three additional solutions on the following themes “special prize for the preservation
of marine biodiversity“, “special prize for bio-inspired solutions“, “special prize for early-stage solutions”.
Sustainable Forest Economy Challenge
- Business Model: for-profit start-ups, social enterprises and/or small and medium-sized enterprises that are already generating revenue and have a sustainable funding model (not-for-profit organizations with a clearly defined, revenue-generating project may also be considered).
- Scale: Innovations must demonstrate the potential and desire to scale, and have a vision for achieving long-term financial viability, impact and sustainability.
- Stage: Impact-oriented pilot, growth, or scale-up phase start-up companies with demonstrated success toward scale and an operating model in place. Submissions at the “idea” or “prototype” phase will not be considered.
GreatCompanies Women Entrepreneur Award 2023
Greatlead 2030 Challenge For SDG 14
Our challenge invites participants from the examples below, however not restricted to, solutions that could protect and/or restore existing ocean based resources. For example:
- Reducing marine waste (along any part of the value chain.
- Alternatives to single use plastic packaging/materials.
- Support sustainable aquaculture practices.
- Preventing food waste and food loss along the food supply chain from post-harvest to the retail and consumer level.
- Provide marine conservation benefits.
Alternatively, solutions linked to opportunities for enhanced or new economic activity derived from the ocean. For example:
- Ocean related energy.
- Blue carbon initiatives.
- Minimise shipping contribution to climate change.