Ready to reduce plastic waste across the packaging value chain? Unilever, FCDO, EY, and Social Alpha are partnering on a TRANSFORM Plastics Challenge to achieve this.
There is a growing opportunity for social enterprises to innovate to enable circular business models that prevent and reduce plastic waste. The aim of this accelerator programme is to identify such solutions and help them scale. Up to 5 start-ups will receive grants (up to INR 60 lakh per start-up), access to seed capital from Social Alpha and its investor network and a wide range of technology and business support through TRANSFORM and its partners.
RELEVANT SUSTAINABLE GOALS
TRANSFORM PLASTIC CHALLENGE
TRANSFORM, in collaboration with Social Alpha, aims to support sustainable technologies and solutions along the plastic packaging value chain, that drive positive environmental impact and create meaningful livelihood opportunities for the informal workforce involved.
The program invites invite Indian social enterprises working on science and technology solutions and that can demonstrate:
- Positive social, environmental and economic impact
- Ability to scale across Indian geographies
- Business model sustainability
The areas within waste management and circularity that these identified startups will work on are integral to the Unilever Compass, which drives the company’s growth agenda. HUL aims to eventually provide the enterprises, which it discovers through the challenge, an opportunity to work with its supply chain basis right fit.
Up to 5 selected start-ups will receive:
- A grant of up to INR 60L from TRANSFORM. Grants will be provided for operational expenses and bringing about behavioural change, etc.
- Eligibility to seed capital (equity) up to INR 1Cr per start-up from Social Alpha.
Market Access and Scale up support
- Opportunities to work with various functions across the value chain of HUL.
- Workshops with experts, specialists and sector leaders on making the product market fit and go-to-market strategy.
- Access to TRANSFORM and its partner’s wide network of public/private organisations and facilitation of introduction, where required.
- Access to TRANSFORM and Social Alpha’s large and diverse investor and donor network.
- Exposure to the wider network of stakeholders (corporates, government agencies, international development agencies etc.) as well as high visibility opportunities offered by TRANSFORM, through its partners Unilever, the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and EY.
- Monitoring and evaluation technical assistance to enable evidence-led socio-economic impact assessment.
You may also be interested in :
Climate Justice And The 2022 Bangladesh Flood Rebuilding Efforts