The seminar gears toward young leaders who are creative, love to learn about Southeast Asian cultures and are eager to learn the impact of AI technologies on society.
The YSEALI Academy at Fulbright University Vietnam is excited to announce its latest seminar, “Creative AI and Cultural Influence,” which will take place in Ho Chi Minh City from April 24 to 28, 2023. Applications are open now until February 28th, 2023.
RELEVANT SUSTAINABLE GOALS
The YSEALI Academy : “Creative AI and Cultural Influence”
The YSEALI Academy was established in 2020 with the aim of empowering young professionals ages 25-40 from across Southeast Asia by building their capacity and developing their leadership skills. To achieve this, they offer a variety of activities, including four flagship seminars each year on Public Policy, Technology & Innovation, and Entrepreneurship.
This year’s Technology and Innovation Seminar on Creative AI and Cultural Influence is a one-week in-person event, preceded by online engagement sessions. It is designed for young leaders who are creative, interested in Southeast Asian cultures, and curious about the impact of AI technologies on society.
The combination of online engagement sessions and a week-long in-person seminar/workshops will be intensive and comprehensive, guiding the fellows on the capabilities of creative AI tools and facilitating critical thinking to make them beneficial for Southeast Asia while mitigating the risks. The lectures, panel discussions, team projects and leadership training will provide the young leaders with unique skills and experiences in a fast-changing world with regional challenges and incredible opportunities.
The 2023 Technology and Innovation Seminar on Creative AI and Cultural Influence will be open to candidates who are young professionals between the ages of 25-40, highly qualified and motivated, from all 11 ASEAN member countries. Once selected, all participants will be fully funded by the U.S. Department of State to attend the in-person seminar.
- Enrollment: February 8 – 28, 2023
- Participant selection announced: March 2023
- Seminar dates:
- April 2023 (Online Engagement Sessions)
- April 24 – 28, 2023 (In-person Seminar in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
- Be between the ages of 25 to 35 years old (no YSEALI alumni status required); between the ages of 36 to 40 years old (YSEALI alumni status is required)
- Be citizen of and currently residing in one of the following countries: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Be able to participate in all engagement sessions in April 2023 (online) and attend the seminar in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, from April 24 – 28, 2023 (in-person)
- Possess a passport that is valid for at least six months after your intended return date from Vietnam in April 2023 when the Technology & Innovation seminar ends.
You may also be interested in :
Empowered Voices From The Village : Changing Norms and Addressing Violence Against Women Migrant Workers and Trafficking From The Village