Asia is a dynamic hub for innovation and startups. From low carbon mobility options to products that reduce plastic waste, to solutions that reduce the carbon footprints of our lifestyles.
Startups around the globe focused on battling climate change — particularly those innovating in fields like textiles, microplastics, renewables, agriculture, and climate-responsive cooling — here’s your moment.
RELEVANT SUSTAINABLE GOALS
LOW CARBON EARTH ACCELERATOR 2023
The “LowCarbon Earth Accelerator,” an initiative spearheaded by the United Nations Environment Programme and the Massive Earth Foundation, presents an unparalleled opportunity for startups aimed at disrupting their respective industries with sustainable solutions. The program invites startups in the Climate Tech sector, be it those addressing the looming microplastics challenge, pioneering resource-optimized agricultural methods, reimagining the textile landscape, engineering innovative cooling systems, or breaking ground in renewable energy.
The accelerator is on the hunt for founders with unbridled passion for environmental remediation, particularly those based in the Asia Pacific region. Those selected will embark on a twelve-week deep dive, benefiting from the wisdom of industry mavens and even United Nations professionals. The rigorous training will cover various facets of business, with a curriculum tailored to magnify their impact in the fight against climate change.
The Low Carbon Earth Accelerator 2023 focuses on 5 factors :
- Renewable Energy
- Open to startups working towards climate tech & pollution reduction technologies in microplastics, agriculture, textiles, cooling, and renewables energy.
- Startups should be based and operate in Asia Pacific region.
The program provides early-stage entrepreneurs with access to resources such as internal expertise, strategic relationships, financial resources, and mentorship that are not available to them. It gives brand-new businesses a way to connect with already-established businesses that are engaged in climate change initiatives.
It will concentrate on developing an ecosystem with fantastic investment and growth opportunities for early-stage startups to understand the climate tech market and trends. In order for businesses to have a solid foothold in the market, the program aims to identify their needs and requirements.
Aside from gaining invaluable knowledge, participants can:
- Engage in intensive workshops and one-on-one mentoring sessions led by a diverse roster of entrepreneurs and specialists.
- Dive into an array of funding avenues, including investment opportunities, while also accessing a curated repository of resources.
- Receive equity-free assistance in product development, market entry strategies, and priming for investment.
- Connect with the global network of experts associated with the United Nations Environment Programme.
A highlight of this initiative is the chance for the top 10 standout startups to showcase their transformative solutions at the COP28 Summit in Dubai.
Startups eager to play a pivotal role in shaping our planet’s future are encouraged to seize this opportunity. Applications are currently open, and those interested can find further details and apply at LowCarbon Earth. As the climate clock ticks, the call for innovation has never been louder.