The first step towards climate correction is to become climate and carbon literate. Here is how you can do it.
The global climate crisis demands immediate action to protect our environment, ecosystems, and societies. Building a strong foundation in climate and carbon literacy is crucial for individuals, organizations, and communities to effectively combat climate change. We are thrilled to announce the launch of the Climate and Carbon Literacy Training, organized by RDI in collaboration with ThinkZero under the RDFact project. This comprehensive program aims to equip participants, particularly those in the waste and energy sectors, with the necessary knowledge and skills to address the challenges posed by climate change.
RELEVANT SUSTAINABLE GOALS
Climate and Carbon literacy Training
RDI, known as Resilience Development Initiative, Climate and Carbon Literacy Training program is meticulously designed to provide you with a solid foundation in climate and carbon literacy, with a special focus on the waste and energy sectors. Through captivating sessions, expert speakers, interactive activities, and thought-provoking discussions, we will delve into the scientific intricacies behind climate change, its root causes, and the pressing need for collective action..
Two Essential Parts to Ignite Your Climate Journey
- Self-paced Online Course: Embark on a flexible learning experience from 9th to 21st June 2023. Our engaging online modules will empower you to explore the depths of climate knowledge at your own pace, fostering a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
- Offline Training Session: Join us in the vibrant city of Jakarta on 22nd and 23rd June 2023 for an immersive and collaborative training experience. Connect with fellow participants, engage in dynamic discussions, and acquire the practical tools needed to drive impactful change within your sphere of influence.
Key Focus Areas
- Exploring the Science: Gain a deep understanding of the scientific principles underlying climate change and its impact on our planet.
- Carbon Footprint Awareness: Learn about carbon emissions, their sources, how to account for them, and how individual and collective choices contribute to carbon footprints.
- Mitigation Strategies: Discover practical strategies to reduce your carbon footprint and adopt sustainable practices in your personal and professional life.
- Renewable Energy Solutions: Explore the potential of renewable energy sources and their role in transitioning to a low-carbon future.
- Policy and Advocacy: Understand the importance of policy changes and individual advocacy in shaping climate action at local, national, and global levels.
- Building Resilience: Explore adaptation measures and strategies to build resilience to climate change impacts.
Additional GHG Accounting Training: Journey
To further enrich your expertise, we offer an exclusive online GHG (Greenhouse Gas) Accounting Training session, scheduled before the offline training session (date to be determined). This supplementary training will equip you with the skills to measure and manage carbon footprints effectively, enabling you to implement sustainable practices with precision.
To secure your spot, please register by 5 June 2023. This training is free of charge, however accommodation and transport is covered by the participant. Limited seats are available, so we encourage you to register early.
All admitted participants are expected to complete all the training sessions, both online and offline sessions. The training will be delivered mainly in english, and no translator/interpreter will be provided in the offline session. Please note that we only accept up to 2 (two) participants from each institution and it is customary that the same individual that joins the online session is also the one that attends the offline session. However, should there be an urgent situation, the participant may contact the organizer for further arrangement.