Do you have a great solution that will change the future of plastic waste management ? Join Aviral Waste Innovation Challenge.
Aviral is calling businesses, organisations, startups and anyone from around the globe to be part of the Aviral Plastic Waste Innovation Challenge and get a chance to apply innovative business solutions with th urban local bodies of Rishikesh and Haridwar, India.
If you have missed out the deadline earlier and still wish to apply for the challenge, kindly submit your application by clicking on the “apply button” on the website
Aviral Plastic Waste Innovation Challenges
The Aviral Plastic Waste Innovation Challenge is an innovative businesses competition to support and showcase innovative solutions in the field of plastic waste management. The objective is to solve existing problems in the two cities of Rishikesh and Haridwar through sustainable technology and business innovations.
For the very first time in India, the partnership of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste (AEPW) and Deutsche Gesellschaft Fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH invites innovative businesses to be part of this grand challenge that will strengthen your changes of working and applying innovative solutions to waste management in Haridwar and Rishikesh.
Details About Challenges
Aviral is looking for innovative technology and business solutions in plastic waste management in the fields of :
- Reduction and reuse concepts
- Recycling and valorisation models
- Awareness and education
- Collection and segregation
- Sorting and recovery
- Digital solutions
What Is The Format of The Challenge ?
Aviral will be conducting separate tracks – two winners will be announced at the end of the challenge (one winner for each track) :
- TRACK 01 Create added value and improve plastic waste value chain.
- TRACK 02 Develop a solution pertaining to plastic waste from the tourist population.
What Is In it For The Participants ?
After evaluation of the applications received, the top 20 businesses with innovative solutions will be selected from each track (total 40 businesses) and at the end 2 winners (1 from each track) will be announced on the program website, the winners will be offered grant support of unto EUR 50,000 for the pilot implementation of their solution in Urban Local Bodies of Rishikesh and Haridwar. All 40 selected ventures will be a part of the “showcase” for added visibility and stakeholder engagement.
The Businesses and winners will be supported as follows :
- Up to 50,000 EUR grant directly tied to an immediate pilot implementation in the Urban Local Bodies.
- Consulting support by Aviral team during pilot testing innovation in the Urban Local Bodies
- Partnership opportunity with public-private and public-private-civil society
- Recognition of your solutions as exceptional innovation in urban areas
- Engagement with stakeholders, accelerators, incubators & mentors
- Deep dive into the challenges and strategy designing
Who Can Apply ?
Business who facilitate innovative solution to reduce the plastic waste problem.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Any legal entity in existence for at least 6 months
- Ideas with a technology validated in relevant environment (industrially relevant environment in the case of key enabling technologies)
- Applications open on 05th October 2020
- Applications close on 29th November 2020
- Announcement of finalists – 15th December2020
- Submission of video pitch – 25th January 2021
- Announcement of winners – 15th February 2021
- Implementation of innovation in Urban Local Bodies – Mid March 2021 onwards
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)